The Air Gap prevents stormwater backflow from entering a rainwater tank/cistern by creating a physical air break on the outlet of the tank overflow and before the stormwater drainage system. The Air Gap also acts as a visual inspection point to detect trickles or failure of a tank top-up system.
The Air Gap connection inside diameter is 3.5" which works with standard 3" Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 PVC pipe. If you are using 3" S&D (Sewer and Drain) pipe, you will need an adapter to convert from the 3.25" O.D. of the pipe to the 3.5" I.D. of the Air Gap connection.
The included dual mosquito screens incorporate a 1/32" aperture stainless steel screen which provides an effective solution to insect proof the tank/cistern.
View of Upper Screen
View of Lower Screen
Features and Benefits:
- Two removable mosquito screens for easy cleaning and low maintenance
- Each screen is made from mosquito proof stainless steel mesh with 1/32" aperture
- Air Gap provides a visual inspection point on overflows
- Includes adapters for secure connection to 3" Sch 40/80 pipes
- Easy to install
- Easy to paint
- The Rain Harvesting Air Gap incorporates two 3" Female sockets (adapters already fitted) that glue directly to 3" Sch 40/80 pipe.
- Install the Air Gap to a vertical section of pipe after the overflow of the tank.
- Install at shoulder height to provide convenient access for maintenance
- Ensure the Air Gap is installed the right way up, NOTE instructions on product: 'Install this side facing up'.
- If installing the Air Gap to existing pipe work simply remove a 8" section of pipe to allow fitment.
- The top and the bottom mosquito screens are easily removable for cleaning
- To remove the top screen, turn the screen counter-clockwise past the locking pin
- To remove the bottom screen, lift upward and remove from the housing
- It is important that the top and bottom screens of the Air Gap are replaced after cleaning to maintain a vector proof barrier from mosquitoes