Maelstrom’s ultra-fine 180 micron filter removes particles five times smaller than standard rain heads and tank screens.
Filtering multiple lines at a single point is a simple way to keep tanks filled to the max.
Maelstrom retains a 96% water catchment efficiency rate even at rapid flow rates of 9,510 gallons (36,000 liters) per hour!
The Maelstrom™ Rainwater Filter sets the new standard for pre-tank rainwater filtration and can deliver clear, colorless, odorless and plentiful rainwater into rainwater collection tanks. The Maelstrom Rainwater Filter is easy to install on new or existing Rainwater Harvesting Systems and is compatible with all standard pre-filtration equipment, including Leaf Eaters and First Flush Diverters. The Maelstrom Rainwater Filter features a four inch inlet, outlet and overflow, with all three included four inch flexible rubber couplers, for ease of connecting four inch piping. Also features an ultra fine 180 micron filter that removes particles five times smaller than Leaf Eaters and Tank Screens. It also delivers rapid flow rates of up to 9,510 gallons per hour, all while retaining a 96% water catchment efficiency!
Designing your Rainwater Harvesting System using Leaf Eaters and First Flush Diverters will help maximize the performance of a Maelstrom Rainwater Filter by filtering out some of the larger debris upstream. Pre-filtration is essential when designing a maintenance-friendly Rainwater Harvesting System that will last a very long time.
A Maelstrom's functionality and versatility is superior to any pre-tank filtration product currently on the market. It can be mounted many different ways, to best suit any application! When it comes to drip irrigation systems, a Maelstrom Rainwater Filter will drastically reduce the chance of clogging the drip emitters, as the rainwater flowing into the rainwater storage tank will be very clean. When the rainwater is ultimately going to be filtered for consumption, a Maelstrom will increase the life of sediment filters by lessening the demand on them.
See the Product Documents (below) for more detailed information, including an installation manual.
- Blocks out light that supports algae growth
- A single point, tank-top filter with a ground breaking U-shaped design
- Is a versatile product, able to be installed in a variety of pre-tank locations
- Four inch inlet, four inch outlet, four inch overflow, complete with flexible rubber couplers
- The 180 micron filter screen filters particles five times smaller than is achieved with standard tank screens
- Reduces the hassle of cleaning leaf and debris build-up through self-flushing
- Reduces frequency and cost of tank cleaning by lowering common sediment build up through cleaner tank water
- 99% = Water Catchment Efficiency @ 1.32 gallons (5 liters) / second*
- 96% = Water Catchment Efficiency @ 2.64 gallons (10 liters) / second*
*For wet/charged system configuration with clean water flow