These Single Pole, Single Throw (SPST) heavy-duty and versatile float switches are capable of direct control of pumps up to 1 horsepower at 115V or 2 horsepower at 230V and can also be used for low voltage control signals. No pump relay is required. Lead and mercury-free, wide angle mechanical switch.
The cable is normally secured to a rigid PVC pipe or other structure inside the tank, however, an optional Zinc Plated, Cast-Iron Cord Weight (1.22 lbs) is available.
- Normally Open (N/O) - Green Bulb, low-water shutoff for pump down and dry-run protection applications:
The mechanical switch contacts are open (or off) in the hanging position. As the float rises 45 degrees above horizontal, the contacts close and actuate the switch (pump on). The contacts then remain closed until the float switch returns to 45 degrees below horizontal. Normally used for dry-run protection of pumps.
Specifications - Float & Cable:
- US and Canada UL Recognized
- Bulb size Is 3.50” x 5.00”
- Lead-free, Non-Mercury Design
- Durable Polypropylene Shell
- Solid Polyurethane Foam Filling
- Mechanically Activated Micro-switch
- Operating Temperature Of 32º-170º F
- Chlorinated Polyethylene Cable
- 30 foot, UL/CSA SJOOW-300 Volt - 14/2 Cable
- Minimum recommended tether length is 3.5"
- 3-year warranty
Specifications - Electrical:
- Rated For 15 Amps @ 120 VAC, 1HP
- Rated For 15 Amps @ 230 VAC, 2HP
Note: Not For Use With 460 Volt Applications